29.9.10

dont worry, im not going soft.

To all my girlfriends (especially Casey) this post is going to blow their mind. I have been a lover of man hating tv shows & music my entire life. It's kinda the family joke that I watch lifetime and listen to songs about burning guys houses down. What can I say, I'm a little bitter. When I lived with Casey..and even now, we would look up "i have been hurt my men" quotes and just laugh and laugh. Thanks for those memories Case.

Now dont get me wrong. I LOVE a good Taylor Swift song but I usually laugh at the end or make some cynical joke about it. Cynical - thats a good word to describe my outlook on life. Which honestly had a lot to do with the downfall of my last relationship.. anyways.



I have realized that G truly thinks I am pretty and smart and funny. And instead of making some rude remark..I have learned to say "thank you". And what a change this has made on our relationship. I know I am not the prettiest without make up and sometimes I need to put a dern dress on..but man, I am grateful for a man who thinks "I am amazing..just then way I am". I dont usually like "teen pop" trendy music. But this words to this song -- and the video, really speaks to me. I hope you enjoy it. Sorry, couldnt get it on my page.. follow the link to this sweet music video.


Sorry this is sappy. Very unlike me. Don't worry - I'll post some good anti-man music soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post lexis! you know i'm a fellow man-hater of everything, and i've sure changed since i've been dating ian. :) we're both saps. and that's okay :) i love you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i despise you right now. come back to the good side please :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i was a fellow man hater until i found "mr. right" who turned out to be ALL WRONG and slept with men so...now i'm still a man hater :-)

    ReplyDelete